… because there is always the small print …
These were the terms and conditions for entering RGT 2018. There may be minor changes in 2019. Rules are not intended to be onerous, they are intended to be common sense rules for making sure that RGT is fun, safe and fair for everyone involved.
- RGT is the RGT Partnership.
- By completing the online entry form, you become an entrant.
- If selected for the semi-final stage, you become a performer.
- An entrant can be an individual or a group. For a group the form must be competed by the main contact who will ensure that all other group members are aware of the entry, the rules, and all communications from RGT.
- Entry is open until (closing date)
- Entry is open to any type of performance suited to a flat stage up to 4m x 4m.
- Performers must be 8 or over on (first performance date).
- Performers must be resident within 15 miles of Rugby town centre.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian.
- Entry is only possible using the official RGT online entry form, which must be accompanied by either (a) a link to online streaming video or audio running for a maximum of four minutes or (b) a separate audio or video file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any video or audio containing profanities or obscenity will be disqualified. Re-submission from the same entrant may be possible but only at the discretion of RGT. If unsure what constitutes a profanity or obscenity potential entrants should contact RGT in advance.
- RGT and the judging panel’s decisions are final; it is not possible to appeal any decision.
- Judging is based on criteria determined by RGT and the judging panel.
- (number) entrants will be selected to take part as performers in the live semi-finals.
- At each semi final, (number) performers will be selected to take part in the live final.
- At the final, an RGT winner and runner up will be selected.
- Audience participation and/or response will be an influencing factor at the live shows but the judging panel are the final arbiters in selecting winners at each stage.
- The judging panel will be four independent people who are unconnected with any of the entrants / performers involved.
C. Live Performances
- Performers must be available from (time) on performance days for preparation. Arrival times will be specified once the event programme is finalised.
- All performers must remain at the event venue for the full show period and until released by the RGT Stage Manager.
- A parent or legal guardian responsible for any performers under the age of 18 (age on the performance date) must be present for the preparation period, be present in the audience during the show, and available/able to attend backstage if required by RGT.
- Performers agree to work closely and promptly with the RGT technical team to ensure efficient stage management and quick set-up between acts.
- Any equipment used that is owned by a performer must be approved by the RGT technical team and be fully compatible with the sound system provided by RGT.
- Any performance which includes profanities or obscenity will be immediately terminated by the judges and technical team, and the entrant disqualified.
- Performances will consist of one performance (maximum four minutes) with a second performance (maximum three minutes) in reserve for if required by the judges.
- Performers must comply immediately with any instructions given by the RGT Stage Manager.
- Performances are live immediately. Sound checks, rehearsals and technical set up must be completed prior to the commencement of the show and then finalised during the back-announcements / announcements by the compere. A minimum of three minutes will be built into the event programme.
- Performance timing will start immediately a performer is audible and a maximum of 15 seconds after the compere’s introduction and applause.
- Performers, RGT staff and chaperones only are permitted backstage.
- Performers must comply with all RGT and venue safety instructions.
- Entrants agree that RGT can republish or link to submitted audio and video.
- Performers agree to the recording and publication, including online, of photographs, audio and video taken by RGT and local newspapers/radio stations during the event including backstage.
- Performers agree and accept that members of the public in the audience are likely to record and publish performance photographs, audio and video.
- RGT will disqualify and remove any performer, associated group and/or audience members in the event of antisocial behaviour, unreasonable consumption of alcohol, or drug use.
- RGT in its absolute discretion may disqualify and remove performers and audience members for any other reason. This rule will not be applied unreasonably.
- RGT accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred, damage to equipment, injury or other liability in respect of any entrant or performer.
- The winner and runner up agree to take part in all follow up publicity and activity including media interviews, photography, videography and further public appearances.